At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
We are recruiting Apprentice Crane Service Technicians starting in August/September 2022!
100% of our UK Apprentices have gained permanent employment in Konecranes, after they have successfully completed our Apprentice Programme, many of which have had long and rewarding careers at a variety of senior levels. This a fantastic opportunity to establish your career with a global and market-leader within cranes.
The role of a Service Technician is within the business area of Industrial Service, offering maintenance and service solutions for all crane brands. Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, your role will involve the maintenance, repair and upgrade of our customers' lifting equipment. The work we offer is varied and two days are never the same as our customers operate in a variety of industries.
What’s the format of our apprenticeship?
Our UK Apprentice Programme works in partnership with local colleges to train our Apprentices over a 3-year period. To be a successful and fully qualified Service Technician you will be enrolled on the Apprenticeship Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician.
In your first year you will attend a local college for off-the-job training, you’ll also attend your local branch during college holidays to help gain further understanding of our business and the nature of the work carried out, during your first year you’ll be expected to learn to drive, (if you haven’t passed your driving test already). You will attend training courses throughout your apprenticeship at our Training Centre in Banbury.
In your 2nd and 3rd year you’ll gain more experience through on-the-job training in the field on our customer’s sites accompanying our experienced Service Technicians; you’ll start putting into practise your initial training at college but continuing to learn and develop new skills.
Paid day or block release for attendance at a local College will be granted for the duration of the apprenticeship.
On completion of the training and subject to consideration of ability, aptitude and successful college results it is expected that you will qualify as a Service Technician, with Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and that you will be offered a permanent position here at Konecranes.
To learn more about what our current Apprentices say click here
WHY CHOSE KONECRANES AS AN EMPLOYER?
- Our safety mantra is “Life Saving Behaviours” and is our #1 priority
- We provide excellent training and development opportunities
- You will be working on world class and leading technology equipment
- We offer you UK and global career opportunities
- We are profitable and a financially secure business
- Our research and development and technical support is the best in the industry
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 17 years old entry age on the first day of your apprenticeship
- A minimum of 6 GCSEs and have Grade 6 (or equivalent) or above including the following subjects - Maths, English and a Science
- Willingness to stay and travel away from home on a regular basis. This could be for up to a week at a time when attending training at Banbury.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights
- You must live local/within commuting distance (30 miles) of the Branch location.
- IT skills
- Driving licence preferred, alternatively you must be willing to learn to drive and pass driving test within first year of apprenticeship
- 1st Year apprentice rate is £7.35 per hour (apprentice rates are reviewed annually each September), working 39 hours per week.
- Thereafter yearly performance rated increases to full-Service Technician rate in 4th year subject to satisfactory performance
- College training fees paid
- Full tool kit issued at end of first year
- Company van and mobile in second year
- Corporate clothing / uniform
- Contributory pension scheme (including life assurance) to commence at the age of 18
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
Closing date for applications 16th January 2022
When applying please make sure you upload all your educational certificates/qualifications
Please click on the following link to visit our website and apply
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.