We at INNOVA SYSTEMS are looking to expand our friendly and award winning SOLIDWORKS technical team! We are currently on the hunt for an Applications Engineer who can use their real world design experience to provide first class service to our strong customer base. Our technical team come from a variety of industry backgrounds including manufacturing and engineering. We work with a diverse range of loyal customers providing a suite of support including; acting as a front line helpdesk resource, creating and delivering engaging training content, creating and delivering bespoke pre-sales demonstrations and being our customers expert consultant, so no day is ever the same! We have a strong focus on personal development, so you can be sure that you will have an opportunity to grow.
At Innova, we welcome people from all backgrounds and for this role, we are open to discussing the possibility of flexible working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building rapport and relationships with a broad range of customers who use SOLIDWORKS to design their products
- Delivering SOLIDWORKS training to our customers to ensure that they are equipped with the skills and knowledge to get the best from the product
- Responding to the needs of our customers and resolving technical problems in using SOLIDWORKS in an effective and efficient manner
- Working closely with the sales team to understand customer requirements
- Using a consultative approach when liaising with customers to extract information and consider a wider need based analysis to identify if suitable for other products or services and ensure the best service is always provided
- Progression into product demonstrations of SOLIDWORKS to prospective customers
- During quiet periods, the Applications Engineer should be proactive in supporting other departments, creating online content and staying abreast to technological advancements in your area to demonstrate knowledge to our customers.
Experience and Skills / Attributes Required
- Engineering or design experience gained in a design environment
- Knowledge of a 3D CAD system, ideally SOLIDWORKS but other systems may be useful (Pro/ENGINEER or Inventor)
- Graduate or HNC qualified in relevant field
- Excellent presentation skills and confident communication style that can easily adapt to different stakeholders
- Professional manner and confident in customer facing role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to multitask competing demands at one time
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide suitable business solutions
- Excellent Computer and MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A creative problem solver and team player
- Maintains a positive outlook
- Takes personal responsibility for self-development
Interested? Please send your CV to Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org.