At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday.
Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Are you a Chartered Engineer or currently working towards this qualification? Do you have a background in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering? If so, this could be a great opportunity to help craft the future of Engineering at Macclesfield.
We are now recruiting for an Accountable Engineer to develop the site asset management strategy with supply partners at our Macclesfield campus. We believe this is a great opportunity for you to ensure effective asset lifecycle management for buildings, facilities and equipment for a given area.
You be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory (SHE - Safety, Health & Environment & GMP - Good Manufacturing Practice) obligations, ensuring competence and performance of external resources and maintain assurance of compliance of AstraZeneca (AZ) assets.
We are looking for an accountable engineer (Mechanical or Chemical), and you'll ensure AZ maintains a governance frame work, overseeing the processes and systems of our external partners.
An integral member of the Facilities Management (FM)team you will be jointly accountable for implementing site strategy and objectives. This will include ongoing robustness of the FM governance framework including management of relevant elements of the FM Integrated Management System.
You'll be accountable for all engineering, SHE and GMP compliance in your given area of specialism, in conjunction with AZ supply partners. This includes ensuring GMP inspection readiness. You'll also act as a decision maker for critical issues and / or use of ethics point for non-compliance.
As a contributor to internal and external regulatory inspections, via technical guidance and as the prime authority for several processes/technologies you should be confident in ensuring that the expert package(s) you own are current and maintained.
As an Accountable Engineer you will fulfill delegated obligations for asset compliance (SHE, GMP, building and technical compliance). This will include appointment as a "Responsible Engineer" for a number of AZ SHE procedures.
Through collaboration, you will lead the implementation of maintenance standard methodology techniques with supply partners, including maintenance excellence processes.
You will contribute to, develop and deliver improvement plans across Engineering. Including supporting the performance of the asset care processes relating to availability, performance & output quality delivering improvements and robust problem solving. You'll support the asset care strategy and associated resources through strategic planning and delivery.
You'll act as a works representative or authoritative voice for more complex or larger capital investment projects. This will involve authorising higher risk change controls and approval of documentation such as standards & procedures. As a potential sponsor, you should also be assured in holding suppliers accountable to deadlines.
Providing expert mentorship to your area regarding assets, asset care, asset performance & variability, you'll understand the asset, it’s performance, and how this performance is maintained.
Innovative by nature, you'll drive site service or process improvement initiatives such as asset lifecycle management or site IRM's.
- Ideally you are professionally Chartered, or equivalent (or working towards a qualification) with a recognised European accrediting body. You will also be a member of a professional FM engineering organisations e.g.IMechE, etc.
- Analytical by nature, you'll have a strong technical background. Inclusive of knowledge of the engineering principles and practices utilised across the lifecycle of asset and facilities design and utility operations.
- With recognised expertise and competence in defined areas of functional engineering, you'll fulfil the accountabilities as “Responsible Engineer” on campus.
- Experience of Pharmaceutical Water Systems, Cleanroom HVAC and Pressure systems.
- A highly customer focused leader, you will naturally lead, inspire and drive performance in teams to deliver high standards of service and cost effectiveness.
- With a well-developed knowledge of maintenance processes, and the applications of standard methodologies, you'll own the effective deployment of maintenance strategies in technically complex customer environments.
- You'll have a deep understanding of the services delivered by FM and will understand their impact on their customers.
- We'll expect you to be knowledgeable of integrated risk management and the methods employed to manage engineering risks, hazards and controls.
- We'll need you to have a full understanding of GMP, SHE and other regulatory obligations applicable to asset management.
- Adapt and open to change, you'll motivate and drive new innovation for the benefit of the given business area.
Please apply for this position via the AstraZeneca careers website: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/job/macclesfield/accountable-engineer-operations/7684/12999938
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 8th September
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.