Advertising jobs on the WES website is a great way of increasing the chances of getting women to apply for your engineering jobs, which is the first step in increasing the women engineers in your organisation.
Costs for Job Advertising
WES Partners and sponsors
1 credit - £50 + VAT
1 credit - £75 + VAT
3 credits - £210 + VAT (to be used within a month)
10 credits or more - £65 each + VAT (when purchased together and must be used within a year)
Note: A credit equals one advert for up to one month on the website, thus, 2 credits will be required should you wish to place one advert on the website for two months.
Companies and their available job titles will also be listed in the monthly WES e-newsletter, with a link to the relevant website url (the jobs descriptions themselves will not be listed here though). We can also 'tweet' your job to our Twitter followers, please send us the text if you would like to use this service.
Payments for job advertising can be made here. Please note: If paying online you will need to add VAT at the UK rate of 20% to your payment. Please also indicate that the payment is for job advertising when asked.
Gender Decoder Service
We can offer you a Gender Decoder service, so you can see if your job advert uses masculine-coded language that puts female candidates off from applying for your role. To use this service, click here.
Guidelines for Submitting Jobs
WES now offers a self-serve job advertising board where you are able to upload and edit your own job advertisements. The process for this is as follows:
- To register for the first time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and advise how many job advertisements you would like to purchase (details of costs and duration can be found at the top of this page).
- Payment is required prior to posting the advert. Please either pay online directly as detailed above or request an invoice. In order for WES to raise an invoice, please inform email@example.com of the following information:
- Job title you wish to recruit for
- Duration of advert online
- Your contact details
- Email address the invoice should be sent to
- Please also send your Twitter handle (e.g. @WES1919) and tweet if you would like us to tweet out your job to WES' Twitter followers
- Once payment is arranged you will be sent details of your user name and password. This will give you access to the system to allow you to post a company logo and a job description. Please keep your details as you will be able to use these again.
- You will now be able to login to the WES job board and enter details for your job. Please follow the online instructions (content required is shown in the 'Required Information for Job Adverts' below).
- When you have entered your job it will be submitted to WES for approval. Once it is approved you will receive a notification of publication with a link. If there is a problem with the job advert, you will be contacted and asked to make any appropriate changes.
- If you lose or forget your password, please visit the user login page and select 'reset your password'.
- Once set up with access to the system you will be able to submit further jobs to the board by logging on here www.wes.org.uk/user. You will be invoiced for each job posted.
Required Information for Job Adverts
Please note that you will be prompted to add the following information online for the job you are advertising. Many of these fields are mandatory so you will not be able to submit a job for publication without them:
- Logo in jpeg, png or gif format (please note that once your logo is loaded the first time you will be able to select from a drop down list of advertisers when posting subsequent vacancies)
- Company Name
- Job Title to be advertised
- Salary (you can enter 'competitive' or similar if you don't want to reveal exact salary)
- Term (i.e. permanent, contract, fixed term, etc.)
- Opening date for applications (defaults to today's date)
- Closing date to apply (each individual job advert purchased is for one month, so please provide a closing date accordingly or it will be edited for you)
- Job Summary (this will appear in the main job listing with all other jobs and should be no longer than one paragraph)
- Main Job Description - always include the job summary text here, as applicants clicking on link to job from e.newsletter will only view text written in job description box.
- Weblink to the actual job on your website / or weblink to apply for the job
Terms and conditions
- WES does not offer a proof reading service for job adverts - please ensure your details are accurate and spell checked prior to posting on the site
- Always ensure you add a link to apply or email address to apply to within the Main Job Description as WES is unable to receive applications on your behalf
- WES will endeavour to approve new job adverts or amended job adverts within 24 hours Monday - Friday excluding public holidays
- To ensure a job can be advertised in the WES e-newsletter in the same month as being posted, a job must be submitted by the 9th calendar day of the month to achieve the editorial cut off date (unless the closing date falls before 17th of that month in which case it will not appear). Alternatively if the job is still live by the 17th calendar day of the next month, it will appear in that month's e-newsletter
- If you do not provide a Twitter handle and text for a tweet, WES makes no guarantee of tweeting the job for you
If you have any queries about the above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the other sponsorship or advertising opportunities click here.