Want to do the best work of your life? Playing your part in making a big difference to the environment and communities we serve. Our people make Severn Trent a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Our purpose is taking care of life’s essentials, but we’re also big on making a difference, not just because we should but because we care.
Which is why we are investing over £565 million into the new Green Recovery Programme, to improve the lives of the communities we serve. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the Water Industry National Environment Programme (WINEP) which is worth an estimated £168 million!
The WINEP programme is worth an estimated £168 million and as part of this programme you'll play an essential part in improving the quality of 500 kilometres of river by upgrading sewerage treatment works, treating spills from storm overflows, and installing river quality monitoring
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Engineering department as part of a Degree Apprenticeship programme to become an Aerospace Engineer. There are 4 Aerospace Engineer apprenticeship vacancies.
As an Aerospace Engineer you will focus on all aspects related to the full lifecycle of systems and products and experience all Engineering departments at Safran Landing systems. You will:
• design, develop, specify, analyse, test, validate and modify design solutions to satisfy Customer requirements and In-Service Operations.
• comply with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements.
• use and interpret engineering data and documentation such as engineering drawings, reports and computer generated models.
As part of the apprenticeship you will gain understanding of:
• the applicable regulatory and quality requirements as the systems and products mature through their development, qualification and In-Service phases
• the engineering process & practices covering: mechanical/electrical/electronic/systems, design and stress analysis eg computer aided engineering techniques, systems design, integration & test, in-service and through product life support, advanced manufacturing, aerospace quality and governance
• analytical methods (engineering mathematics – algebra, differentiation, function, geometry, trigonometry, statistics)
• aeronautical sciences – stress, strain, static and dynamic systems, motion, force, electrical power and resistance, mass and weight
• material sciences – selection and application, structures, properties and analytical testing
Our Supply Chain (Manufacturing) Future Leaders Programme takes the best graduate talent of today and develops them into the brewery leaders of tomorrow.
Entrants will join the programme with a keen interest in engineering, manufacturing or supply chain and a desire to help the business continue to grow and achieve its strategic ambition to be first choice for our people, our customers and our consumers.
The AAPS CDT at the University of Bath is recruiting its fourth cohort of students to join us in September 2022. AAPS is a diverse and stimulating environment where you can deepen your knowledge in your discipline alongside colleagues working across a broad spectrum of challenges facing the mobility sector. The programme integrates a one-year MRes with a three to four-year PhD. The MRes programme is conducted as a cohort with a focus on technology, team-working and research skills before moving on to the PhD programme in year 2.
Fully funded PhD studentships at the Centre for Doctoral Training in Sustainable Hydrogen
Do you want your PhD study to be part of a meaningful contribution towards a net-zero energy system?
Are you curious to discover how an energy research environment can be enriched through different perspectives from fellow researchers?
Can you contribute to the research and development of hydrogen-based solutions needed to meet the net-zero challenge?