Tips to help you prepare for that interivew.
Our members who are interviewers say you can tell when somebody knows what they want just by reading a form. So getting that enthusiasm across is really important. It’s your job to do your research and sell – it is competitive out there. Take your time – allow several hours to prepare per application, but some members tell us often they spend more.
Now it's time to polish up on the hard work so you can shine at interview.
Tip 1: Prepare for the interview
- Re-read your application – you’ve spent a lot of time on this and it’s all the interviewers know about you – make sure you remember what you said!
- Ask a friend to read your application and think about what they might ask you to expand on if they were interviewing you
- Be aware of and prepare for standard questions:
Why do you want this job?
Why do you want to work for us?
- What else do you want to know? Have some good strong questions
Tip 2: Dress to impress
- First impressions count -take part in a WES ‘packaging your personality’ session to help you prepare
- Even if the interviewers are less formal – you want to know you look your best.
WES is part of the sustainability strategy for the HE STEM Set to Lead project ensuring that project outputs reach women engineering and technology students.