The Titchfield site, part of Fuel and Motion Control Systems (FMC) division, continues to be the largest site in the UK employing approximately 900 people. The prime purpose of the site is the design, manufacture and aftermarket support of key fuel system components for the major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Airbus. The GTM Manager – Fuel and Motion Control will liaise with key personnel across three FMC sites within the Sales and Marketing, Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Commercial functions who are involved directly or indirectly with Trade Management covering both Customs and Export Controls Compliance. The primary function of this position is to oversee the day-to-day importing, exporting and customs related activities across FMC Sites.
- Develop and deploy throughout the FMC business all applicable compliance processes and procedures in conjunction with various other functions within Eaton and external resources
- Evaluate FMC compliance status with various regulatory bodies including Customs, export control, and applicable tax authorities
- Develops and directs AERO process improvement methodologies and framework related to GTM and related interfaces
- Communicate trade compliance related policy, procedures, and economic issues that affect AERO EMEA operations. Assist in providing training, advice and guidance to other areas throughout the enterprise as necessary
- Provides analytical and tactical support to implement processes and procedures for AERO initiatives and projects that are Group-wide and are not regional in scope
- Engage with FMC’s senior leaders on strategies and initiatives that affect GTM and where trade matters may impact strategy. Provide regular reports to Corporate GTM and FMC leaders on the status of FMC’s GTM program in EMEA, current initiatives, and outstanding GTM matters
- Develop clear understanding of various Eaton disciplines (Tax, Legal, Finance, Supply Chain) and operational disciplines as they relate to international activities
- Coordinate within the Corporate GTM Department, with other Group GTM Managers, and with Regional GTM Managers on matters with a potential common nexus
- Serve as the FMC liaison within Corporate GTM on cross-business initiatives (e.g., development of Corporate GTM standards.)
- BA degree
- Direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation, service company, or law firm
- Subject-matter expertise in all relevant areas of trade compliance
- Strong working knowledge of UK Export Controls and export licensing requirements, including liaison with Export Control Organisation and Compliance Inspections
- Strong practical experience of managing both ITAR and EAR within a European program environment
- Experience in drafting formal correspondence with government agencies
- Proven ability to identify areas where process improvement is required, to develop and implement those improvements
- Experience in developing and delivering trade compliance training
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, communication skills, and cross-cultural awareness
- Detail oriented, possessing good analytical skills
- A strong team member, able to shift roles as required by the group dynamic
- Self-motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Product familiarity and experience managing people preferred
- Proven use of Six-Sigma tools to drive process improvements is preferred
- Ability to interpret government regulations and translate into strategic impact on company goals
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory administrations governing jurisdictions relative to international trade, specifically those affecting the movement of goods and services
- Knowledge of audit and assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls
- Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, roles and responsibilities of customs brokers, freight forwarders and logistics service providers
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to think critically and have strong strategic planning and project/program management skills
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace. Eaton designs, manufactures and integrates the industry’s most advanced products and technologies for hydraulic systems, fuel and inerting systems, motion control and engine solutions, propulsion sub-systems and cockpit interface and circuit protection applications for commercial and military programs. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio of components consistently sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, resulting in superior systems design and integration capability. These products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu and www.aerospace.eaton.com.
Please note that by applying to this vacancy you will be subject of the background screening.