You will join our EMEA Project Management team, in order to provide functional leadership for Project Management of large projects in the region. You will develop, own and deliver the execution model for major projects from pursuit stage through to successful completion with an initial focus on Large Data Centre projects. You will Ensure appropriate resources are identified, obtained and deployed for these projects. You will provide direct customer interface as EMEA Program Manager and natural escalation point on major projects and rolling programs of work. You will provide mentoring and develop training programs to raise the competence of Project Management across EMEA. You will identify, develop and deploy standardised tools for execution and project control. You will be expected to commute within the UK and travel abroad for about 50% of your time.
- Develop detailed execution plans and narrative for major projects covering resources, sourcing, quality, financial, risk analysis and timelines
- Identify and secure named Project Manager and other key resource for major projects in the region, coordinate with major business units on execution model and responsibilities as appropriate
- Ensure regular program and project data and financial reporting is provided to Finance for managing project financials (e.g. forecasts, milestones, data for invoicing)
- Developing business relationships with key customers based on competence, meeting commitments, quality of service, integrity and Eaton values
- Participate or lead customer contract negotiations as part of a team to secure business for Eaton
- Act as Program Manager for rolling projects with customers like Microsoft, Apple and Google, working with closely with North American Project and Program Management to ensure consistent high level performance of the projects wherever they execute in EMEA
- Lead processes of identification, assessment, logging and mitigation of risk (commercial, technical, scope & timing) and management of that risk through the project delivery cycle.
- Ensure tools, processes and communication across all internal stakeholders and suppliers for major projects are in place
- Lead continuous improvement across the Project Management function to optimise execution on programs of work and to for discrete projects utilising best cost resource where possible
- Help develop the long term strategy, direction, scope and structure of the Program and Project Management function
- Provide direct management and leadership for the EPMS Program Manager role, acting as mentor and facilitating development plans and activities for this role
- Development and maintenance of KPIs for major projects and status reporting to leadership
- Formal technical education, BSc. minimum, ideally with a business qualification
- Formal project management certification
- Significant experience in Project Management of major capital equipment ideally electrical with experience in commercial or industrial construction or segments like Data Centres a benefit
- Significant experience in leading and developing Project Managers
- CDM and SMSTS qualifications preferred but not essential
- Strong financial acumen in revenue forecasting and cost management, management of contract critical items such as direct and indirect damages, warranty and change orders, cash collection and customer billing cycles
- Demonstrated ability to enforce trading terms and conditions and managing customer expectation
WHAT EATON CAN OFFER:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Important notice: Candidates applying to this vacancy will be subject to background screening.