Applications are now open to be part of the Early Careers Board! Click here to access the form
Applications are open to anyone over the age of 18 who is in the early stage of their engineering career, be that as an apprentice or graduate in industry, or a PhD student or post-doc in academia.
To support your application, we would like you to submit one of the following:
- Examples of Tiktok content creation
- An article, in the style of a newsletter article or a LinkedIn article, on a topic of your choice
- A 2 minute video of you undertaking a STEM challenge
- A 2 minute video of you talking about your reasons for wanting to join the ECB
Your submitted work will only be used for the application process. It will be viewed by a small number of the current board members and deleted after the application process is complete. Please e-mail your video to email@example.com no later than the application closing time using the subject: [your name] WES ECB Application Supporting Documentation.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion for promoting diversity and inclusion in Engineering, and who want to actively support and lead our projects.
Those on the ECB should expect to be involved in some of the following;
- Writing articles or blogs for the WES journal, e-newsletter or WES website
- Producing video content for our Youtube channel
- Panel sessions at WES conferences
- Taking the lead on projects
- Using social media to promote ECB projects
- Working with 3rd party organisations to deliver projects
- Judging competitions
- Working with staff in the WES office, other WES Boards and WES members to further the promotion of women in engineering and support the aims of WES
Please familiarise yourself with our Terms of Reference before applying
Applications will close at 23:59 on Friday 13th May 2022. In the interest of fairness we will not be able to accept applications after this time.
We look forward to hearing from you, best of luck!