WES regional activity is organised through a network of Clusters run by WES Members throughout the UK, with the aim to connect Members locally, increase the number of women engineers we can reach and support, encourage girls into engineering and generally increase our reach at a local level. Many Clusters are organising virtual events, and you will be welcomed wherever in the country you live! WES Members can log into the Members area of the Website to find listing of events taking place.
The Cluster regions are listed below.
England - North
Merseyside and Wirral Cluster co-ordinator: Elaine Meskhi and Rosti Readioff (email: email@example.com)
England - South
Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire and Somerset Cluster co-ordinator: Nicola Grahamslaw (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Berkshire Cluster co-ordinator Laura Angel (Email: email@example.com)
Midlands Cluster co-ordinator Naomi Green (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cluster co-ordinator Katherine Critchley (Email: WalesWESCluster@wes.org.uk)
Cluster co-ordinator Erin Carr (Email: email@example.com)
Norfolk and Suffolk
Thames and Chiltern - assistant Cluster Co-ordinator sought
West Country (Taunton, Devon, Cornwall)
Heart of England (Hereford and Worcestershire)
Surrey and Sussex
Thames and Chilterns
Would you like to volunteer as a Cluster Co-ordinator? Below are examples of activities undertaken by Cluster Co-ordinators:
- Know the engineering scene in your area, and make contacts. Get yourself known as the WES ambassador for the locality, and engage with companies with a view to organising visits, using their facilities for evening lectures and networking events
- Organise events for members, including virtual events
- Distribute local information to members
- Increase WES' reach in your area
- Link with other local relevant organisations and where relevant join together to organise events
- Engage with local schools and FE colleges to see whether they need help with encouraging girls into engineering, and make use of the STEM ambassador programme to help provide the resources
- Make your own agenda for change, and be as active as your imagination (and time) allows.
Any enquiries related to these vacant cluster areas should be directed to Cath at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daphnet The mailing list for and about women in science, engineering and technology, including women returning to paid work after a career break. Great for advice and discussion.