Applications are now open to be part of the Apprentice Board! Click here to access the form
Applications are open to members over the age of 18, not in full time education who are currently undertaking training in line with one of the National Apprenticeship Standards or Apprenticeship Frameworks in an engineering field. We are looking for individuals who share our passion for promoting diversity and inclusion in Engineering, and who want to actively support and lead our projects.
WES recognises that apprenticeships are an important route into engineering for many women. To complement the work of our Early Careers Board and University Groups Board, in 2020 WES set up this board for current apprentices.
Those on the Apprentice Board should expect to be involved in some of the following;
– Writing articles or blogs for the WES journal, e-newsletter or WES website
– Producing video content for our social media channels
– Panel sessions at WES conferences
– Taking the lead on projects
– Using social media to promote Apprentice Board projects
– Working with 3rd party organisations to deliver projects
– Judging competitions
– Working with staff in the WES office, other WES Boards and WES members to further the promotion of women in engineering and support the aims of WES.
Please familiarise yourself with our Terms of Reference before applying.
Applications will close at 23:59 on Sunday 21st May 2023. In the interest of fairness we will not be able to accept applications after this time.
We look forward to hearing from you, best of luck!