Student Engineering Groups are a great way to meet others in your field, share ideas, access advice, network, and support one another. You can link up with our student groups and other students at our facebook page here. Hear from WES Student Lead Gemma Whatling:
Set up a new group or affiliate your existing group (general engineering societies can affiliate) and join a larger network of women engineering students from across the UK. Hear from some students that attended the 2013 student conference:
You are encouraged to organise and undertake activities both locally and in collaboration with other WES affiliated student groups. We aim to connect you with local employers for speakers and even access sponsorship.
Do use this page to help promote your groups and activities. To get started you will need:
- A named group co-ordinator who is a member of WES, and a Group Name
- A University member of staff who is a member of WES
- The application form, appropriate documentation, and start up fee of £50 - returned to the WES office. Membership fees for all subsequent individual members should also be included.
We have posted links to the WES affiliated student groups online, and also updates on our Student Conference - Engineering Inspiration.
STEM Ambassador? Make sure you check WES in the Professional Society list.
Professional Registration for Students
For further information see the Engineering Students' Guide to Professional Registration from the Engineering Council HERE.
Twitter @wes1919 #womeninengineering #nwed #whatengineersdo
Student Group Support
- 101 Ideas Booklet
- Framework for getting going
- Application Form
- Student Group By laws
- Annual Student Conference 2016
WES Student Groups
- Women's Engineering Society Bath or Facebook
- Supporting Women in Engineering at York
- Loughborough University Women's Engineering Society or Facebook
- The University of Leeds Women's Engineering Society
- The Warwick Engineering Society
- Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College Student Group
- UCL Student Society of Women Engineers
- FEMENG: Glasgow University's Female Engineers
- UWE WES Student Group
- Swansea Students Women in Engineering Society
Student Conference Videos
Infographic from Fusion People. Click on it to enlarge it in a new window.
Educational Membership Grade
Check out our new Educational Membership Grade too if you are a University wanting enhanced support with your Athena Swan Award or other gender diversity initiative.