- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Membership payments can now be made online here. All new memberships are subject to a one-off administration fee of £5. Please return the application form to the WES office by post or email.
Corporate Membership - follow this link
There are four grades of individual membership plus concessionary rates for members with low or no income and retired members. All members have the same rights and privileges, with the single exception that only a full member is eligible to stand as president.
Women working in the fields of engineering, technology (including IT) or science, or those with a background in these areas. Subscription: £52 per annum (concession £26 for unemployed and retired members).
Men, and women who are not engineers, technologist or scientists but support the aims of the Society are eligible to join as Associate Members. Subscription: £52 per annum (concession £26).
Women undergoing approved training leading to a qualification in engineering, technology or related sciences. Subscription: £10 per annum.
The teacher affiliate grade is for school teachers who would like to keep themselves informed of the work of WES and who wish to promote more STEM uptake at their schools. Teachers can sign up to become an affiliate and work towards our Teacher Charter and become a WES Diversity Champion.
This is our highest grade of membership and was introduced in 2013. Fellowships will be awarded to women who have made outstanding contributions to the field of engineering, to the encouragement of women in engineering, or in service to the Women's Engineering Society. Membership is currently through invitation by the President. Cost of Fellowship is £85 per year, and the concessionary rate for retired Fellows is £42 per year. Further information on WES fellowships here.
Companies, Corporations, Institutions and other organisations who employ engineers scientists or technologists and are interested in supporting the aims of the Women's Engineering Society are encouraged to become Company Members or Supporters.
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Guidance notes on membership grade:
- All women working within science and engineering with any science/engineering/technology qualifications should apply as Members.
- All women with any science/engineering/technology qualifications or backgrounds who are no longer working within the industry should also apply as Members.
- PhD and post grad students should apply as Student Members, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Member subscription in which case they should apply as Member.
- Apprentices, Year In Industry and Industrial Placement students should apply as Student Members, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Member subscription.
- All men are welcome to apply as Associates of WES.
*Concessionary rates are available for Members and Associates who are unemployed, on a career break or retired.