The School of Engineering and Digital Arts is seeking to appoint a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Electronic Engineering to undertake research and participate in the administration and delivery of taught and research-based Engineering programmes.
As a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, you will join the Instrumentation, Control and Embedded Systems Research Group and will be research active in the fields of electronic instrumentation, measurement, sensors and sensing systems, digital signal and image processing, process control or embedded systems.
You will play a key role in the delivery of taught programmes across the range of undergraduate and postgraduate provision, and will contribute particularly to the teaching of modules which deal with electronic engineering and related technology. Examples include analogue and digital electronics, instrumentation and measurement, digital signal processing, process control, microprocessors, embedded systems and computer interfacing. Commitment to developing student potential and enhancing learning opportunities for students from different backgrounds is necessary. Furthermore, the successful applicant will be expected to support the administrative aspects of the School’s operation.
As a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Electronic Engineering you will:
- Teach and convene modules in electronic engineering, and to contribute to curriculum development in this area
- Conduct research at an international level and meet the research activity targets set for each individual member of staff
- Make an effective contribution to administrative roles as designated by the Head of School or their nominated representative.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in one of the relevant subject areas or other evidence of delivering research of a high quality, commensurate with a research-intensive institution
- A strong, recent track record of high-quality research publications and/or other forms of output appropriate to your fields
- Research experience in electronic instrumentation, measurement, sensors and sensing systems, digital signal and image processing, process control or embedded systems.
The School of Engineering & Digital Arts is part of the Faculty of Sciences and prides itself on offering excellent teaching in an environment which is also supporting world-class research in the subject areas in which we teach. We have an excellent track record of achievement in teaching, in research, and in enterprise-led activity, and we maintain strong working contacts with Academic and Industrial Organisations within the UK, in Europe, and worldwide.
Closing date for applications: 07 January 2018
Interviews are to be held: 31 January 2018
For further information and to apply for this position please visit our website via the link below:
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.