Munters Air Treatment Business Area is a global leader offering innovative energy efficient air treatment solutions. Our aim is to help secure the customers perfect climate, maintaining the efficiency of their equipment and ensuring uninterrupted, fault-free production.
As a Junior Application Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical Design & Engineer) you ensure maintaining a high engineering standard, including design, application and product knowledge. You provide engineering and commercial support to the field sales staff as well as to our customers. You will maximise our margins by selecting the correct solutions and production of accurate costing & schematics.
The role is ideally suited for a graduate Engineer (ideally mechanical or electrical) who is looking for the first working experience. The position will be based at our Munters office in Wyboston.
During your first year as Junior Application Engineer you will receive intense training. You will be working alongside the application team leader and senior designers. You will be supported by a designated mentor making sure the right skills and correct approach is developed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As a Junior Application Engineer you will be trained in the following responsibilities within your first year of employment.
- Collate enquiry information from clients, raise projects on CRM, and produce quotations as required
- Carry out simple and medium engineering design solutions
- Compile accurate, high quality quotations and cost sheets
- Source PMQ’s, drawings & special price requests
- Ensure project information is added to CRM in a timely fashion
- Liaise with approved suppliers and contractors
- Assist Sales team with current live enquiry (CLE) management
- Assist with tenders
- Explore lead times and provide customer intelligence
- Provide initial technical & sales support to customers and Field Sales Engineers
- Ensure logical & accurate handover of designs and costs to Customer Support team and Projects team
- Visiting customer & project sites with senior members when requested
- Communicate with and support colleagues with regards to all projects, especially multi-quotes and tender submissions
- Evaluate terms and conditions of sale and contracts, plus technical aspect of orders received
- Assist marketing in conducting market research, regional marketing and technical content for marketing purposes (including presentations, literature and PR)
- Develop commercial benefit statements such as return on investment to assist in sales and marketing activities
- Work with marketing to communicate industry trends and legislation changes that could impact Munters
- Maintain CRM price lists and quotation templates
- Manage emails and enquiries into the business (daily basis) and distribute to various departments within agreed timescales.
- Assist with month end reporting (Xpand)
Education /Knowledge/ Skills / Ability
- Minimum of a Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- Application software: AutoCAD, Solidworks, BIM
- Awareness of CRM System
- Knowledge on PLC and BMS controls
- Dynamic and can do attitude
- Good English skills, written & spoken
To apply, please visit Munters website here.