24th November 2017 - 25th November 2017
8th Annual Residential Conference for Women Engineering Students
Fri 24 - Sat 25 November 2017
Aston University, Birmingham
The WES Student Conference: Engineering Inspiration, has a theme this year 'Engineering to Change the World' which brings together over 150 students, academics and early-mid career engineers from supporting industry to explore pathways to technical leadership.
"Interactive sessions, amazing inspiring stories... Inspirational speakers, open conversations about issues facing women in the workplace... Encouragement to stand out and be a great employee and engineer…"
- Improve technical skills to reach your potential
- Gain insights into societal challenges
- Hone self-confidence & networking skills
- Develop career-life balance strategies
- Meet and learn from role models
The conference is hosted by Aston University.
Registration will commence at 1pm on Friday 24 November.
For details of the conference programme please download the agenda at the foot of this page.
Conference fees include overnight bed & breakfast accommodation in a twin room, refreshments, drinks reception and banquet dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday. WES Education Partners are eligible for reduced fees.
|Standard rate (inc. overnight accommodation)||£275.00|
|Delegate rate (no overnight accommodation)||£200.00|
|Block booking rate (10 places or more)||£250.00|
Universities & Institutions - reserve and purchase student places by contacting email@example.com
Students - contact your Head of Department or Tutor to enquire about support to attend. You can also register directly by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment can be made against invoice or via BACS. Student names can be provided at a later date. Payment must be made in full to WES by 17 November 2017.
***BURSARIES ARE NOW CLOSED***
WES offers bursary-funded places to undergraduate students to attend the WES Student Conference 2017 with support from its sponsors. The bursary covers full conference fees and overnight bed & breakfast accommodation (if necessary) on Fri 24 November. It also provides a contribution of up to £50 towards travel.
Women undergraduate students on mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, chemical, computing, materials, electronic engineering or similar courses can apply.
Successful candidates will be notified individually. A limit to the number of bursary places offered to any one University will apply, and priority is given to applicants who have not previous been awarded a bursary.
Students not in receipt of a bursary wishing to attend are encouraged to approach their department, or can book directly by emailing email@example.com
Bursary Terms and conditions:
- The bursary scheme is administered by the conference chair and WES staff.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Due to the extension of the bursary application process bursary winners will be notified by email up to 3 November 2017.
- Once awarded a bursary, winners must accept their place within 7 days of notification.
- The full conference rate of £275 may be charged to bursary winners who have registered but do not attend without prior arrangement.
- Bursary winners will be required to submit a short article for the WES journal about a talk attended at the conference.
- Travel claims must be received posted within 14 days after the conference, and will be paid on submission of receipts and article. Mileage can be reimbursed at the rate of 40p per mile.
The WES Student Conference is sponsored by: