Our members are people who work in the field of engineering and technology at all levels (and with any type of qualifications), students on engineering and related courses, companies and others who share our aims. Please contact the WES office for further information on anything listed below.
- WES Fellowship (FWES) is our latest membership grade for our senior members who have achieved excellence in their engineering careers or who have made an outstanding contribution to encouragng women in engineering. Apply here if this is you.
- WES Student Groups have some new resources, and we are looking for students or staff to start off groups where they don't currently exist
- Cluster leaders or any member can organise a local or regional event. WES office can help locate speakers and promote it for you!
- Members can use Member facilities at the IET (One Birdcage Walk) and also access meeting rooms at reduced rates at the IET. Contact email@example.com
- Connect with other members online through our FaceBook, LinkedIn page and LinkedIn group
- Receive the quarterly printed journal The Woman Engineer, and contact the editor to share your stories
- Make sure that you register for the free monthly e-newsletter to find out what's going on
WES needs your help! See the long list of volunteering projects here.
Isabel Hardwich Medal
The Isabel Hardwich Medal is awarded to a WES member who has made an outstanding and sustained contribution to the Women’s Engineering Society over a number of years and gone above and beyond the call of duty. More information is available here.
The Gillian Skinner Award recognises behind the scenes contributions to WES by volunteers. More information is available here.
Council Meeting Papers