Eaton's Crouse-Hinds series includes hazardous area communications solutions designed for explosive atmospheres and harsh industrial and marine environments. Rely on Eaton's comprehensive range of innovative and integrated signaling, communication and surveillance systems, as well as service and support – from initial system definition through design and service.
This position reports to HAC (hazardous area communications) Operations Director.
- Lead, manage, inspire and motivate the MEDC management team according to the Eaton Leadership Model requirements and in line with the applicable HR policies.
- Carry out profit planning for the plant and ensure that the objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications. Support, develop and execute strategic capital spending plans for the local operation to assure adequate capacity to meet division and product line growth objectives.
- Manage the financial performance of the business to achieve targeted EBT and growth.
- Deploy the Eaton Business System in line with the agreed integration agenda. Utilise in house, HAC and Crouse Hinds personnel to develop appropriate plans and deploy lean tools throughout the plant to deliver Cost Productivity as target. Ensure an effective integration of all operational focused functions to deliver effective processes to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Represent the plant to third (external) parties by having regular close contact to local and regional communities and ensure that environmental, health and safety regulations are both in compliance with applicable law and regulations and the company’s systems (EQS, MESH, Quality Management according to ISO9000 series and ISO14000 series);
- Ensure that Operational processes are in line with applicable national, divisional and corporate guidelines, procedures, law and regulations and have these actively audited and monitored by means of available systems.
- Ensure clear communication of operational objectives and results to all MEDC employees. Create a high performance work culture through deployment of the Apex process across the business. Drive a culture change and improvement and build organisational capability to achieve goals.
- Develop appropriate, accurate and timely measures to assess all aspects of plant and departmental performance. Implement processes to review these metrics at regular frequency and take appropriate action to ensure that SQDC and are metrics are achieved.
- Ensure correct processes are implemented and maintained to ensure products manufactured are compliant with relevant certifications at all times.
- Overall responsibility for functional safety policy and functional safety culture within MEDC site (SIL).
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering/ Industrial Engineering
- Operations Management
- Financial accounting, planning and reporting
- Operational Excellence
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Project Management, ISO 9000 and 14000 series
- English language
- Procedures, company rules, guidelines (national and international), law, rules & regulations, standards, safety, quality and environmental guidelines as far as applicable
What Eaton offers:
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Candidates applying for this vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.