- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Back to listBack to list
Location: Lakeside, Redditch UK
Job advertised until: 16 May 2017
CLOSING DATE: 16 MAY 2017
The Lakeside facility with 160 employees is a global supplier of high quality, conveyance components and systems for the aerospace and defense industry.
Plant manager directs all manufacturing operations and support services at the site with the mission for total customer satisfaction through quality, on-time delivery, and cost. Also is responsible for meeting profit and cost targets for the plant. Ensures production objectives are met consistent with overall quality requirements. Plans and controls manufacturing processes through a full functional staff including production, materials, engineering, quality, accounting, facilities, and human resources..
This role reports to V.P. Manufacturing Aerospace and has a team of 10 direct reports.
- Leadership of Plant Safety through plant Gemba walks with the management team, cascade of safety initiatives to all level of the business and active participation in all matters relating to ESH to achieve a zero incident culture and a zero incident safety culture
- Sets overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective manufacturing operations
- Develops and maintain a cohesive, efficient operating team. Maintains the operational cadence through tier meetings, SLT meetings, Management Review, Quality Review Meetings, Program Management Reviews, Succession Planning Meetings, Health & Safety meetings, Round Tables with employees etc.
- Directs subordinate staff in the performance of their respective roles, utilizing the performance management process APEX, 1:1 meeting etc. to set objectives and agree development plans in order to deliver High Performance from the individual and for Eaton
- Leads the SIOP process at the site in order to ensure good short, medium and long term plans are in place that ensure resources are available when required to meet customer and shareholder requirements. Leads key decisions around inventory management and policies, people resourcing and plant investment
- Represents the company in the local community to enhance its image and reputation through participation in charitable or community projects
- Ensures that the plant achieves World Class Plant recognition by delivery of the Hi5 metrics (Safety – TRCR OTD, CONC, Inventory – DOH, Productivity – FLEX) and implements all Eaton Quality Best Practices and Quality Leading Metrics are at Green as a minimum per the Aerospace Criteria
- Guides strategic development planning at the plant level and ensures alignment with Divisional, Operations and Group plans
- Delivers the Aerospace Division CI Vision. Makes clear the links between the top level aerospace objectives, the division objectives and the site objectives
Bachelor's degree in technical area or equivalent
Professional-level competence in operations, management, and technology
Broad operating, manufacturing, technical and/or functional business and management experience or equivalent
Aerospace background would be an asset
Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
What Eaton offers:
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace. Eaton designs, manufactures and integrates the industry’s most advanced products and technologies for hydraulic systems, fuel and inverting systems, motion control and engine solutions, propulsion sub-systems and cockpit interface and circuit protection applications for commercial and military programs. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio of components consistently sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, resulting in superior systems design and integration capability. These products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu and www.aerospace.eaton.com.
Please note by applying for this vacancy you will be a subject of background check process.
To apply please visit: http://www.eaton-jobs.com/ShowJob/Id/1144122/Plant-Manager/