For media enquiries, please contact the WES office on 01438 765506, email@example.com. For urgent enquiries contact Sarah Peers on 07814003443.
WES logos for Press Releases and Marketing:
The Women's Engineering Society is a charity and a professional network of women engineers, scientists and technologists offering inspiration, support and professional development. Working in partnership, we campaign to encourage women to participate and achieve as engineers, scientists and as leaders. We encourage the education of engineering and we support corporate members with their gender diversity.
WES coordinates a number of other products and services including National Women in Engineering Day, MentorSET (the mentoring scheme for women in STEM), the Magnificent Women outreach programme, Sparxx (a support mechanism for girls in engineering) and the Women Returners proramme.
WES Press Releases
- Firstco Become Members of WES
- Waterloo Bridge 70th Anniversary
- WES T-shirt store a success for NWED 2015
- WES Announces New Patron: Professor Isobel Pollock, September 2015
- WES Supports #notjustforboys Campaign, February 2015
- Cable Urged to Back Returnships for Women in Engineering, 30 January 2015
- Back to School with Female STEM Leaders, Alton Convent School January 2015
- Lucy Ackand named as WES Prize Winner 2014
- Elaine Greaney wins Karen Burt Award 2014, October 2014
- Magnificent Women of Alton Convent School, June 2014
- EDT First Edition at Glaziers Hall for NWED
- Launch of Magnificent Women Outreach Activity, Alton Convent School, Hampshire in June 2014
- Yasmin Ali wins WES Prize 2013 - December 2013
- National Women in Engineering Day 2014 - November 2013
- Lady Parsons - an Early Pioneer for Women in Engineering - October 2013
- WES Awards ‘Best Newly Qualified Chartered Engineer’ to Molly Stevens - October 2013
- WES Awards First New Fellowship - September 2013
- Put a Woman Engineer on our Bank Notes - June 2013
- Letter to Bank of England
- Stephen McPartland MP Promotes Women in Engineering - May 2013
- Meg Munn MP Becomes Patron of WES - April 2013
- Engineering, It's in Everything Poster Released - March 2013
The ‘Voices’ Project launched today, where women engineers offer insight and advice to teenage girls into how they made their career decisions......
The Poster can be downloaded here.
- How to Treat the Girls at the Big Bang Fair - March 2013
The Women’s Engineering Society (WES) has published specific guidelines on how young girls should be treated by companies and exhibitors at the Big Bang UK Science and Engineering Fair, taking place this week (March 14-17)....
- Ada Lovelace Day 2012
- Karen Burt Award Winner named as Kate Cooksey October 2012
Notes for Editors:
Founded in 1919, the Women’s Engineering Society (WES) is a professional, not-for-profit network of women engineers, scientists and technologists offering inspiration, support and professional development.
Although the world has changed since a group of women decided to band together to create an organisation to support women in engineering, the need is very much still there. WES works in a number of ways to support women in STEM, to encourage the study and application of engineering, to promote gender equality and diversity in the workplace, and to award excellence and encourage achievement through our awards and grants schemes. www.wes.org.uk