CLOSING DATE 30 APRIL 2017
As part of DP World, one of the world’s largest terminal operators, London Gateway offers the opportunity to work for a global institution in a challenging working environment that relies upon team work, commitment and leadership.
London Gateway is a unique development that will combine the UK's newest deep-sea container port in London with Europe's largest logistics park. Due to expansion and the construction of Berth 3 we are now looking for additional technicians to join our engineering team.
To carry out preventive maintenance, repairs and projects related works on all equipment, therefore contributing to the smooth running of port operations.
Provide support during the delivery, inspection and commissioning of new equipment.
This role will be required to work either in Days or in shifts.
This role may be required to work in days on a particular asset to carry out preventive maintenance, repairs and projects related works as assigned by the Asset Manager.
To ensure that all preventive maintenance and repair activities are executed at the highest level of efficiency and quality at the most optimum cost.
Ensure that maintenance and repairs are carried out in an effective and safe manner and in accordance with DPW Policies and HSE requirements.
Maintain high equipment availability, reliability and safety standards in line with goals and objectives set out by the Company
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities following LG/DPW Safety standards, LG engineering procedures, safe industry practices and local HSE regulations/requirements.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair works in a proficient manner with the objective to minimise downtime of equipment.
- Provide/collect data/information during the execution of preventive, emergency and corrective maintenance tasks on any asset to Engineering Planners
- Manage and supervise contractors during delivery and commissioning of the equipment while ensuring that they adhere to safe working practices
- Manage and supervise external contractors working on any asset while ensuring that safe working practices are always adhered to
- Provide support/input to improve/develop/update method statements and risk assessments for any preventive maintenance or repairs carried out on any asset
- Lead by example and encourage others to implement/improve safe working procedures and practices
- Work closely with the stores and Asset Managers to maintain inventory and stock levels.
- Innovate, improve at all times to improve productivity and equipment performance.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
National Qualifications Framework – Minimum Level 3 Qualification (NVQ, City & Guilds etc.)
Experience (some or all of the following):
Gear Boxes, engines, hydraulics, lifting equipment with some basic understanding of electrical engineering.
Excellent knowledge of equipment maintenance.
Experience and knowledge of HSE regulations related to equipment maintenance and activities.
All positions within London Gateway are subject to CRB checks.
London Gateway is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.
The salary range for this position is £37,000 to £46,000 per annum depending on experience, with the potential to earn 10% bonus.
To apply please visit: http://www.londongateway.com/careers/