Explore this unique opportunity to join a global power leader - Graduate roles in Engineering & Technology with Cummins across its UK Power Systems Business are now open for final year students and graduates.
Cummins’ hire to develop strategy offers graduates an environment where structured development opportunities across its diverse range of engineering & technology functions, allied with its broad international reach, allows it to provide long term, exciting and flexible career pathways.
Roles include Thermal Engineering, Product Engineering, Design Engineering and Project co-ordinator
- Applying basic knowledge of science and engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in the development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
- Assisting in the creation of design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
- Verifying designs using analysis and or functional testing, interpreting results, driving decisions and assessing risk.
- Working with other engineering & technology disciplines and cross-functional groups to resolve issues.
- Evaluating customer needs and aligning requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Using prescribed and innovative methods and working with limited guidance.
- Participating as a team member and actively contributing towards team goals.
- Carrying out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrating good understanding and applying knowledge of a scientific & engineering discipline.
- Applying engineering and/or scientific skills and continuing to develop experience in creating technology solutions.
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- Other functional specific training and development as needed for the role.
In exchange for your time and efforts Cummins will provide:
- A permanent contract with the emphasis on continued development.
- A broad experience of engineering and technological disciplines to aid technical knowledge development and support career progression
- Opportunities to interact cross functionally as part of a global engineering & technology team
- Participate in an interactive approach to individual development planning to expand technical expertise and leadership potential
- Leverage the opportunity to pursue chartered status with relevant industry professional bodies.
Cummins, a global power leader, designs, manufactures, distributes and services multi fuel engines and related technologies for various markets including truck, bus, rail, marine, prime and standby power generation and mining. With headquarters in Columbus, Indiana in the US, the company has operations in 197 countries and sales of over $19 billion in 2015.
Having remained strong through recent economic conditions, Cummins are poised for a period of long-term growth having worked very hard to create a company that is less cyclical, more diversified and better positioned to be a global leader in all the markets we serve.
Perhaps more importantly, however, we have been able to achieve these results while remaining true to our core values of ethical business behavior and corporate social responsibility – including our commitment to “demand that everything we do leads to a cleaner, healthier, safer environment".
We pride ourselves on operating under a set of values that emphasises integrity, innovation, delivering superior results, corporate responsibility, diversity and global involvement whilst at the same time providing our employees with a working environment which is both flexible and rewarding
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual, who is innovative, driven to succeed with a passion to challenge the status quo.
Recruiting locations include:-
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Studying towards a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in an Engineering or related STEM discipline (including Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry).
Minimal relevant work experience desired, such as internship, co-op, or other pertinent work experience.
- Laboratory Operations – understanding of Laboratory Operations process flow model: planning, preparation, execution, analysis and execution.
- Engineering Standards - basic knowledge in Engineering Standards.
- Technical Documentation - basic knowledge in Technical Documentation.
- Structured Problem Solving Process - able to understand and apply structured problem solving processes such as Cause and Effect matrices, Fail Mode and Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis etc. to resolve issues.
- Structured Design Processes – understand and be able to describe the purpose, content and steps in the development/ management of an engineering or technological design project
Additional language capabilities are not essential but could be of benefit for placements/future opportunities including with in central Europe.
If interested please apply via our website (careers.cummins.com) searching for Job Ref. 170000X1 via the UK & Europe early careers section or directly via the following link: