- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Back to listBack to list
Location: Lakeside, Redditch
Job advertised until: 31 March 2017
The Lakeside facility with 150 employees is a global supplier of high quality, conveyance components and systems for the aerospace and defense industry.
This role is a leadership position with site-level responsibility to plan, coordinate, and direct technology development, design and qualification of new products and commercialized solutions to support customers’ technical requirements, and development of product line extensions for Conveyance products (hoses, tubes, and fittings). This role supports the site’s plant and leadership team for these products and will report out to this team as necessary.
This role reports to Senior Engineering Manager based in US and is a part of international engineering team within Conveyance and Sensing. The role has people management responsibility of team of 7 engineers.
- Drive predictive performance for budget and schedule on product development activities
- Lead execution of robust design processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. Design for Six Sigma) for new product development, cost-out, and other sustaining activities
- Lead the allocation of engineering resources across site team to support both local and global product.Drive utilization of engineering resources from other sites
- Support the development and execution of strategic planning initiatives and technology roadmaps
- Build organization capability through robust employee development plans and career path discussions andutilization of the technical career path and skills assessment tools. Contribute to Conveyance engineering organization strategy
- Develop close professional relationships with customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements, and resolve product performance deficiencies
- Maintain close liaison with Plant operations to ensure high-quality product integrity and year-over-year manufacturing cost reductions
- Support profit planning efforts for the Plant and manage activity center budgets as needed throughout the follow-on period of performance and deliver profit plan forecast and other financial expectations.Deliver new products on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Proven engineering experience
- Product development engineering experience from concept to commercialization
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking
- Proven track record of driving change and continuous improvement
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace. Eaton designs, manufactures and integrates the industry’s most advanced products and technologies for hydraulic systems, fuel and inverting systems, motion control and engine solutions, propulsion sub-systems and cockpit interface and circuit protection applications for commercial and military programs. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio of components consistently sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, resulting in superior systems design and integration capability. These products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu and www.aerospace.eaton.com.
Please note by applying for this vacancy you will be a subject of background check process.