8th Annual Residential Conference for Women Engineering Students: Creating Career Confidence
Fri 18 - Sat 19 November 2016
Aston University, Birmingham
Engineering Inspiration brings together over 150 students, academics and early-mid career engineers from supporting industry to explore pathways to technical leadership.
"Interactive sessions, amazing inspiring stories... Inspirational speakers, open conversations about issues facing women in the workplace... Encouragement to stand out and be a great employee and engineer…"
- Improve technical skills to reach your potential
- Gain insights into societal challenges
- Hone self-confidence & networking skills
- Develop career-life balance strategies
- Meet and learn from role models
The conference is again generously supported and hosted by Aston University.
Details coming soon...
Day 1: Friday 18 November 2016
12.30 - 13.30 Registration (lunch is not provided)
13.30 - 14.00 Welcome
14.00 - 15.00 Keynote Address
15.00 - 15.30 Refreshments
15.30 - 17.30 Interactive Workshop
18.45 - 19.30 Networking and Drinks
19.30 - 21.30 Dinner
21.30 - 22.00 After Dinner Speaker
22.00 End of Day 1
Day 2: Saturday 19 November 2016
09.10 - 10.30 Welcome and Speakers
10.30 - 11.00 Refreshments
11.00 - 12.30 Professional Engineering Competencies
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 15.00 Professional Engineering Competencies
15.00 - 15.30 Refreshments
15.30 - 16.30 Panel Session
16.30 - 17.00 Plenary session
17.00 Conference Closes
|Standard rate (inc. overnight accommodation)|| £275.00|
|Delegate rate (no overnight accommodation)|| £200.00|
|Block booking rate (10 places or more)|| £225.00|
Universities - reserve and purchase student places by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Students - contact your Head of Department or Tutor to enquire about support to attend. You can also register directly by contacting email@example.com
Payment can be made against invoice or via PayPal. Student names can be provided at a later date. Payment must be made in full to WES by 18 November 2016.BURSARIES
WES offers bursary-funded places to students to attend the WES Student Conference 2016 with support from its sponsors. The bursary covers full conference fees and overnight bed & breakfast accommodation on Fri 18 November. It also provides a contribution of up to £50 towards travel. Women undergraduate students on mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, chemical, computing, materials, electronic engineering or similar courses can apply.
When to apply:
The second round of bursary applications is now open, and closes Friday, 28 October, apply now! Successful candidates will be notified individually. A limit to the number of bursary places offered to any one University will apply, and priority is given to applicants who have not previous been awarded a bursary.
How to apply:
Send your application by email (no attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ALL the information below:
3. Mobile phone number
4. Email address
6. Course studied
7. Year of course
8. A paragraph stating which sponsor (P&G, BAE Systems or Leonardo) you think is the best to sponsor you, and why (50-80 words)
9. A letter to myself from 2035 (180-200 words)
- The bursary scheme is administered by the conference committee chair and nominated committee members.
- Bursary winners will be notified by email within one month of application.
- Once awarded a bursary, winners must accept their place by registering for the conference by 31 October 2016 or email to reject the place offered.
- The full conference rate of £250 will be charged to bursary winners who have registered but do not send notification of acceptance/rejection. A substitute may be sent by arrangement.
- Bursary winners will be required to submit a short article for the WES journal about a talk attended at the conference.
- Travel claims will be paid on submission of receipts and article. Mileage can be reimbursed at the rate of 40p per mile.
Businesses and professional bodies interested in sponsoring the conference please contact email@example.com