- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Education and outreach
Education and outreach
One of the main objectives of the Women's Engineering Society is to encourage engineering education, and this is done through a number of programmes:
- National Women in Engineering Day – a national campaign to support girls with careers in engineering – 23 June annually www.nwed.org.uk @nwed1919
- Sparxx – a social media platform to support girls who are interested in STEM where we compile and send out inspiring resources and information on a regular basis through twitter, facebook, email etc www.sparxx.org.uk and @sparxxgirls
- Magnificent Women – our one day schools outreach activity sponsored by Northrop Grumman to encourage girls to think about engineering www.magnificentwomen.org.uk
- Careers Literature from WES and our Engineer Girl website
- Teacher Affiliate Scheme Sign up for free here and register your school to become a WES Diversity Champion
- WES Affiliated Student Support Groups
Careers Literature from WES
- Generation XX - Want to be in the next wave of creatively inspired young women?
- Engineering, It's in Everthing Poster for Schools .....aka The Cupcake Poster. If you would like a copy send in the post please email the office on email@example.com to request one.
- Positive Action - Girls ....or How to attract more girls to your engineering courses
- Positive Action - Employees....or How to attract more women engineers as employees
- Positive Action - Retention ....or How to retain your women engineers as employee
- Positive Action - Apprentices.....or How to attract more women as apprentices and technicians
- Quiz sheet - can you match up these famous engineers with their careers?
See also the Sparxx website for further careers literature and resources.
WES members interested in volunteering as speakers in schools should register on our Register of Women Engineering.
For further inspiration on ways to inspire the next generation of female engineers please see other Links here.