CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2017
About the role of Construction Interface Engineer
Join us as a Construction Interface Engineer, commonly known as the Site Engineer role, and you will play an important part in keeping National Grid construction sites running at their highest potential.
You will make it your mission to ensure all activities are led according to National Grid policies and procedures. As well as seeing that the Principal Contractor is discharging their duties under the CDM (Construction Design & Management) regulations, you will ensure regular site safety walks are taking place, site access is being effectively controlled and that a site log is being kept.
Holding coordination meetings with the contractors on each site, you will also review the suitability of Risk Assessments and Method Statements – providing your input as to how they’re functioning and how they could be improved.
About you and your skills
- You will need to have previous site management experience, along with basic project management skills including management of risk for delivery of projects to scope, time, cost, quality, safety and security of supply.
- You will have experience in contract management, understanding fixed price and target cost contracts.
- A large part of this role is monitoring safety on site, so a good understanding of SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) and CDM is really key to the role.
- Having a HNC/HND or NEBOSH/IOSH is desirable however we will consider equivalent experience.
- Previous experience within electricity or gas transmission would be a great bonus too.
- Travel around the region is expected, for this reason a full UK driving licence is essential.
You will have a company car, laptop and mobile phone with the position, 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days, an amazing double and match pension scheme, access to our Flexible Benefits Programme, as well as the opportunity to buy discounted shares and achieve a yearly bonus and performance related uplifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
National Grid encourages an inclusive and diverse workplace and regardless of your background and if you think you have something to offer us, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please visit: https://natgriduk.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=12603&lang=en