- About WES
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Partnerships
- Events and Conferences
- E-newsletter, Blogs and Journal
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Resources, Stats & Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
Celotex - Multi-Skilled Engineer
Back to listBack to list
Celotex - Multi-Skilled Engineer
Location: Eggborough, Yorkshire
Salary: Not disclosed
Job advertised until: 21 April 2017
CLOSING DATE: 21 APRIL 2017
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our Celotex manufacturing team at our brand new £20million plant, soon to open in Eggborough, Yorkshire. You will be joining the first shift for the plant and part of a new and important team being recruited to service the brand new plant that will manufacture our Celotex insulation products.
This is a varied role that will see you responding to urgent issues, proactively supporting to maintain the plant and also support with training of other engineers and operators where required. This is a rare opportunity to be part of the new team helping to create a site that will be renowned for excellence and join a Saint-Gobain business with ambitious growth plans.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Multi-Skilled Engineer you will have a varied and interesting role, which will involve;
- Responsibility for completing all preventative and general maintenance work on site on time and ensuring all records are completed and up to date at all times.
- Working proactively to detect and diagnose electrical and mechanical problems, whether existing or potential, on all equipment.
- Dealing with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance work and breakdowns, including all fault finding and necessary repair; interpreting engineering drawings and specifications when required to diagnose and resolve problems or when installing new equipment.
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager, Operators, Engineering Planners and Team Leaders to ensure the maintenance of all assets occurs.
- Adhere to Safety and Quality Control processes and procedures and demonstrate commitment to Operating Procedures and the processes of continuous improvement.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Multi-Skilled Engineer specifically, it is important that you have:
- A recognised electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualification to HNC/HND Level or NVQ Level 3 or 4.
- Experience of automated electro mechanical servo motion and robotics in fast moving plants and machinery such as conveyor systems, Kuka robots, saws, packaging and labelling equipment is essential.
- Experience of working in a continuous manufacturing process environment using TPM and other preventative maintenance systems is essential.
- Hands on mechanical experience working with hydraulics, pumps, gearboxes, valves.
- Electrical experience which includes three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors and experience of Fault Finding PLC Siemens S7 controlled machinery.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Celotex, part of the Saint-Gobain group and the insulation specialist of choice; Celotex have a history of continual product innovation, technical progression and an unrivalled product and service package spanning 90 years; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Celotex is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Celotex or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you!
In order to find out more and apply, please click here to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.