- IET Grants for Undergraduates
- STEM Education Grants - a useful list of education grants and schemes.
- Save the student helping students to claim for the financial assistance they might not be aware they're entitled to
- Studentparents.org - support for students including information about a non-repayable student grant.
Where to get funding to study engineering at undergraduate and post graduate level?
The IET have some postgraduate scholarships worth up to £10,000. Students must have started their course prior to submitting an application. More info
Aero MSc Bursary Scheme for aerospace engineering. Government scheme co-ordinated by Royal Academy of Engineering and Royal Aeronautical Society. Details here.
The IET offers a range of scholarships of up to £3,000 p.a. for undegraduates in the UK or Ireland. More info
Institution of Civil Engineers Scholarships for civil engineering undergraduates. Further information here.
- IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships - Up to 50 scholarships of at least £1,000 per year are available to students commencing their studies on an IET accredited course in Autumn 2016
- Ford Scholarship Programme - Ford is providing sponsorship of £10,000 per student over a three-year period for 100 undergraduates on a selection of engineering, science, manufacturing and technology courses at leading UK universities. These universities are: Bath, Bradford, Brunel, Cardiff, East Anglia, Imperial College London, Loughborough, Nottingham, Southampton, Strathclyde, Surrey and Warwick.
- All Engineering Institutions have grants - most are untapped every year. List of Institutions etc. Engineering Council UK - http://www.engc.org.uk/
- Daphne Jackson Trust. The Daphne Jackson Trust is an independent charity which offers flexible, part-time, paid fellowships to scientists, engineers and technologists who have taken a career break of two or more years for family, caring or health reasons. More info
- The Royal Society have a number of bursaries and grants available for engineers including the Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship to support candidates in their early career. More info
- The Arkwright Trust awards scholarships to high calibre Year 11 students to support them throughout their studies in Years 12 and 13.
- Money To Learn - 14-19 year olds. This is administered by the Government. The website has lots of useful information. More info
- The Engineers Trust This Company works to promote and develop all aspects of the science, art and practice of engineering within a social and charitable ethos which is at the core of the Livery movement. One-off grants are made on behalf of the Charitable Trust Fund by the Worshipful Company of Engineers Charity and Grants Committee. More info
- Worshipful Company of Armourers and Brasiers
- The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust The Trust offers an opportunity to increase your knowledge and experience through overseas travel in order to benefit others within your community. Applications are invited from a wide spectrum of interests, such as Science, Engineering & Enterprise.