- About WES
- WES Conferences
- Projects and Campaigns
- Role models
- Partnership and sponsorship
- Awards, bursaries and grants
- Education and outreach
- Member News
- MentorSET and Training
- Careers in Engineering
- Enewsletter and journal
- Resources, Links and Reports
- Leave a Legacy
- Media and Press
- Contact us
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
The Women's Engineering Society home page
- First female Fields Medal winner Maryam Mirzakhani hopes she will encourage young female mathematicians and scientists
Maryam Mirzakhani, an Iranian professor at Stanford University in California, US, is the first female among the 56 winners since the Fields Medal was established in 1936.
Please enter your email details below to receive our monthly e-newsletter.
WES - working to inspire women in engineering and allied sciences for 95 years; promoting careers in engineering; supporting companies with gender diversity; and speaking as the collective voice of women engineers. See the student conference overview below:
JOIN US NOW and support our work.
Have a look and see how you can help WES in 2014. Volunteer and build your CV!
Join WES as a Company Member to support your technical women, demonstrate your support of gender equality in the workplace, or sponsor a WES project, programme or award. Share good practice with other employers.
Or, if you have jobs to advertise, see our new Jobs section.
...and help us make a difference.
If you wish to make a donation to WES or have a payment to make, including one-off membership fees, you can now pay online.
WES works in conjunction with other similar organisations who share our goals. See the list of our Associates here.
MentorSET has been temporarily suspended whilst funding is found to continue to offer this service. For further information please contact the WES office.
- Women Engineers Needed - Join a Network for Support Meg Munn MP
- What was a girl to do? Rachel Parsons - engineer and feminist campainger. Article by Henrietta Heald
- Barb Smardzich and colleagues at Ford celebrating National Women in Engineering Day
- Sarah Sillars of SEMTA Skills Vision Blog
- Women in Engineering at Finning video
- Video from Unviersity of Oxford for #nwed
Tell us what you do and why you do it here.
Is your Company doing some great work that you would like us to feature?
See what Instron are doing here.
We are grateful for the support of the WES Company Members shown below.